The Dental Hygiene program application deadline is February 1. For consideration, ALL application materials must be received by the due date. To successfully submit an application to the Dental Hygiene program, follow the instructions provided below:
- List all prerequisite courses to be completed by the end of spring semester of the year you wish to enter the program. A minimum overall grade point average of 3.00 and a math/science GPA of 3.00 will make the applicant competitive. A holistic application review is employed. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to succeed in advanced science courses. In recent years the average overall GPA of admitted applicants is 3.7 and the average math/science GPA for admitted applicants is 3.6.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete an online application to the Dental Hygiene program at VCU via the ADEA DHCAS. All sections of the application must be completed thoroughly.
- Request transcripts of all attended institutions to be sent to ADEA DHCAS before the deadline.
- To ensure transcripts are received by the due date. It’s strongly encouraged to make the requests when fall courses end.
- Request two letters of evaluation.
- Check the Dental Hygiene Application Review Rubric, under the Program Materials section of the DHCAS application, to help you understand how your application is being assessed.
- Complete and submit application.
- Email screenshot of currently enrolled courses to email@example.com.
- Applicants enrolled in spring semester courses need to submit final transcripts to the address below. All others do not need to submit transcripts directly to VCU or the Dental Hygiene Program.
VCU Dental Hygiene Program
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
- Submit official advanced placement scores to the dental hygiene office.
- Once the DHCAS application is submitted, you will receive an email regarding the VCU Supplemental Application. The supplemental information must be completed as soon as possible. Your application is considered incomplete until the supplemental application is submitted and fees are paid.
- Upon successful completion of the ADEA DHCAS application, it will be verified for accuracy by the DHCAS team.
- The Dental Hygiene Program Admissions Committee will review all verified applications that meet the program minimum requirements.
- All correspondence is done through email provided in the DHCAS application.
- Applicants are notified of acceptance or denial by April 30.