The VCU School of Dentistry (SoD) Financial Aid Office provides financial aid counseling to students enrolled in Dental Hygiene, Doctor of Dental Surgery, International Dental, D.5 and Advanced Education programs.
In order to serve its student body efficiently, the SoD maintains its own financial aid office.
Applicants who anticipate borrowing student loans as a means of financing dental education are encouraged to check their credit history to ensure that their personal credit record has no adverse credit history. The establishment of good credit is not a requirement for obtaining the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan but the Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan and Private Student Loans take credit history into account.
Financial need is not a factor in decisions regarding admission. Financial aid information is available to all students who are invited to the SoD for admissions interview.
Our Financial Aid Office is the primary point of contact for all financial aid questions. It is located on the fourth floor of Lyons Building, Room 441, Richmond, VA, 23298. You are welcome to visit, call (804) 828-6374 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with our Financial Aid Office using UniBuddy
To apply for financial aid, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 2023-2024.
Our school code is 003735
Apply for Federal Student Loan Debt Relief
Financial Literacy Series
The Financial Aid Office is available to answer questions and assist in application of aid to repayment of debt. The financial aid office is dedicated to helping students understand and effectively use various financial aid skills, including personal financial management, budgeting and investing to navigate through dental school and into practice.
In the spring semester:
- Monday’s are dedicated to D4 students with various financial aid topics and several weeks of Exit Counseling sessions for exiting the Dental School.
- Tuesday’s are dedicated to D1-D3 students with various financial aid topics to assist with progressing through the semester and years in dental school.
- ADEA-The Voice of Dental Education offers several topics to assist Dental Hygiene and Dental students with managing student loans and planning overall repayment strategies.
- Financial Resources for Students in Dental Education Programs
- Free credit report
- Tuition Calculator (VCU Student Financial Services)
- Rights and Responsibilities (VCU Financial Aid)
- Downloadable Financial Aid Forms (VCU Financial Aid)
- Complete a change form, verification, tuition and billing
- University billing and payments (VCU Student Financial Services)
- Check your financial aid status online
- Dental Loan Organizer & Calculator (DLOC)